International Zoo Management
Dates: 6th – 10th June 2022
Venue: Parco Natura Viva, Bussolengo, VR- Italy
The 2022 Summer School
The Summer School will be focused on delivering an abridged version of the full set of training materials developed during the InterZoo project. The purpose is to test individual module content (three modules: international zoo welfare & management; international management of zoo-based conservation; ethical & legal issues with international zoo management), by combining lecture-style, practical and interactive activities, following-on from feedback provided by key stakeholders during the successful Multiplier Event (Budapest Zoo, 24-26 November 2021) and to deliver a training programme that will be of substantial use to the participants.
We invite the following categories of participants:
- Students enrolled at Master/PhD level on relevant zoo-focused or animal-focused courses. UG students who can demonstrate exceptional relevance of the Summer School to their studies or proposed career through their EoI will also be considered.
- HE professionals in the fields related zoo-based management and conservation.
- Zoo professionals of all levels as part of ongoing PDP and sectoral skills development.
- Staff of NGOs with HE/zoo sectors with an element of dealing with captive animals.
There are limited places available.
Certificate of Participation
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to students who complete the Summer School. Full attendance for all 5 days is the prerequisite for receiving the certificate of participation.
What is funded?
The Summer School is FREE to attend. Flights, accommodation and the majority of meals are included.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your 1-page Expression of Interest to Ms Emily Elwell (E.J.Elwell@wlv.ac.uk) by 29th April 2022. Due to the limited places available, the selection may give priority to eligible applicants who make the earliest application.
- For application and registration: Ms Emily Elwell (E.J.Elwell@wlv.ac.uk)
- For discussing your eligibility to apply or the content of the programme: Dr Stefano Vaglio (S.Vaglio@wlv.ac.uk) and Dr Chris Young (C.H.Young@wlv.ac.uk)
- For other practical questions and logistics on site: Ms Margherita Savonitto (email@example.com)
Online registration will open after April 29th 2022